Bennett G. H. & Co. Melbourne
Aerated Water and Cordial Manufacturer - 1884 to 1916
The Excelsior Brewery was established by Mr Lane in 1877, in Collingwood, Melbourne. During the early 1880's Bennett was operating with Lane as Brewers.
George Henry Bennet established his own factory as aerated waters manufacturers in Church Street, Richmond, Melbourne in 1884, later moving to Bridge Road, Richmond. The firm closed in 1916.
This company used the trade mark of a conqueror upon a Mountain holding a flag, but later they were well known for Flying Flag trade mark.
1877 Excelsior Brewery established
1884 G. H. Bennett established
1916 G. H. Bennett closed
List of known items from this Company
|1900 - 1916||G. H. Bennett, Richmond Flag trademark||Ginger Beer||13 oz, stoneware, green top corker bottle|
|1905 +/-||G. H. Bennett, Richmond Flag trademark||Codd||13 oz, aqua, glass, all way pure, bottle|
|1905 -1916||G. H. Bennett, Richmond Flag trademark||Crown Seal||13 oz. skittle, clear glass, soft drink, bottle|
|1905 +/-||G. H. Bennett, Richmond Flag trademark||Riley||26 oz, Riley, aqua, glass, bottle, applied blob top|
|1890 +/-||G. H. Bennett, Richmond Flag trademark||Soda Syphon||26 oz, Soda Syphon, clear, glass, bottle|
M. G. B. Co.
Flag trade mark
All way Codd